If you’re considering a new Cadillac, you may be wondering, “How do the Cadillac CTS and XTS compare?” You’re not the first to ask! It’s worth noting that the Cadillac CTS has been discontinued, but its 2019 rendition makes a grand exit with powerful performance for a reasonable price tag. So, which stands out in a Cadillac CTS vs. XTS comparison? Find out which is right for your Frankfort drives below!
CTS vs. XTS: Price & Warranty Coverage
The Cadillac XTS and CTS are very similarly priced. The 2019 Cadillac XTS has a starting MSRP of $46,895 and the 2019 Cadillac CTS starts at $46,995. Both models are protected under the following warranties:
- 48-month/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty
- 72-month/70,000-mile powertrain warranty
- 72-month/70,000-mile roadside assistance coverage
- 12-month/unlimited-miles free maintenance
- 72-month/unlimited-miles corrosion coverage
CTS vs. XTS: Performance
Although they’re similarly price, the performance of the CTS and XTS couldn’t be more different. Here’s a quick overview of their specs:
- Engine: The XTS comes standard with a 304-hp 3.6L V6 engine, while the CTS gets a base 268-hp 2.0L 4-cylinder engine.
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive is standard on the XTS and rear-wheel drive is standard on the CTS.
- Transmission: You’ll get a smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic on the CTS, letting you zip around Lexington with ease. The XTS comes with a 6-speed automatic.
- Fuel Economy: The XTS is more powerful than the CTS, but the CTS is more fuel-efficient; it earns an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/30 mpg highway rating. The XTS earns a 19 mpg city/28 mpg highway rating.
CTS vs. XTS: Dimensions
2019 Cadillac XTS Dimensions:
- Length: 200.9 inches
- Wheelbase: 111.7 inches
- Front Track: 61.7 inches
- Rear Track: 62 inches
- Width: 72.9 inches
- Turning Radius: 19.4 feet
- Height: 59.4 inches
- Max. Interior Cargo Volume: 18 cubic feet
- Seating Capacity: 5
2019 Cadillac CTS Dimensions
- Length: 195.5 inches
- Wheelbase: 114.6 inches
- Front Track: 61.5 inches
- Rear Track: 62.1 inches
- Width: 72.2 inches
- Turning Radius: 18.5 feet
- Height: 57.2 inches
- Max. Interior Cargo Volume: 13.7 cubic feet
- Seating Capacity: 5
Test Drive a New Cadillac at Quantrell Cadillac!
When you compare the Cadillac CTS vs. XTS, it’s easy to see that although they rest within the same bracket, they’re very different sedans. Contact us to schedule one or both of these models near Nicholasville and Georgetown. While you’re here, we’ll introduce you to our full new vehicle inventory and the many benefits of owning a Cadillac. We can also answer any questions you may have about buying vs. leasing!